Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Word From Me

This will come as no surprise to anyone who has talked to me for more than 5 minutes, but you should know...I have opinions. It's a blessing and a curse.

Incidentally, I have no reservations about telling someone my opinion. Fortunately, I have managed over the years to control my urge to share the bad opinions. I do try to follow the rule of "if you can't say something nice..." blah blah blah, you know the rest.

To that end, I have decided to start posting reviews and ravings about other performers in the area. Reviewing other artists, helps me as a performer analyze elements in a piece. When I see a piece that really strikes me, I break it down to figure out exactly why I like it. After I understand the base element, I can then incorporate it into my own work.

DISCLAIMER: The one thing I am ~not~ trying to do with any of my reviews is to slather on false flattery or insult. I get absolutely no gain, money, social standing, or anything other than my own reflections out of this. You, as the reader, are to take anything said here as pure opinion, and to disregard it appropriately. If you happen to like what I've said, you can certainly quote me. Please send a link back to my website or this blog, so that others can share the joy. Also, if you are so inclined, feel free to post a comment. Discussion is healthy.

No comments: